Independent PE (IPE)
THE APPLICATION WINDOW FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER 2024 IS OPEN THROUGH
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15TH.
Some students may qualify to take Independent PE (IPE) during their middle school years. You may visit the district website to review the IPE Sports Qualification List.
If you review the IPE Sports Qualification List and your student indeed meets the criteria for his/her sport, the IPE Application is available to parents through the link listed below. Please complete the packet with the supporting documentation, signatures, etc. and return the completed IPE application packet to the LRMS Site Coordinator.
For the 2023-24 school year, we will once again be supporting families interested in participating in the CUSD Independent Physical Education (IPE) program.
This LINK takes interested student-athletes to the form needed to formally apply for IPE in the 2023-24 school year. If you are currently an IPE student in the 2022-23 school year, you will need to complete the form. Current IPE students will not be automatically added to the IPE program for the 2023-24 school year. If you plan to compete and apply for IPE as a new IPE student, you will need to complete the form. Please fill out the form and get it to your school site for approval as you prepare for the upcoming school year.
Please reach out to Justin Green (email@example.com) with any additional questions.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download and fill out the application completely, providing the following to the LRMS Site Coordinator.
- “GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE INDEPENDENT PHYSICAL EDUCATION” (IPE) (Signed by Parent, Student & Coach)
- Weekly Practice Schedule
- Competition Schedule
- Printed and Highlighted Verification of Ranking or Level of Competition/Performance. (From a sanctioned independent ranking organization for the specific sport/activity.)
- Turn in completed information at the school site to the LRMS Site Coordinator for review.
The Site Coordinator will work through the application and will notify you and your student of whether or not your student has been admitted into IPE for the school year.
- IPE applications will be screened and approved prior to the start of the Semester.
- Approval notification will be communicated from LRMS Site Coordinator.
- Online PE course enrollment (upon site approval) will be sent to families from the IPE teacher explaining next steps.
- Application denials will also be messaged to families from the LRMS Site Coordinator.